1. Realise that your bitterness, hatred or resentment doesn’t affect the other person at all. In fact, they may not know how you feel, and if they do, they may not care.
2. Realise the best way to “win” and move on is to live the happiest and best life possible. There’s nothing to match doing something with your life, and feeling satisfied, and enjoying who you are.
3. Look for the silver lining in the cloud, and learn what you can from the bad experience. Often, it can make you a much better person – who is kinder, wiser, and with greater character.
4. Remember the people who were there for you, and who helped you to feel much better about things. Focus on their qualities – and not the other person’s.
5. Be compassionate and understanding with yourself. Emotional wounding always takes its toll on you. It leaves you feeling beaten, and torn up inside.
6. Decide not to think about the story again. You’re hurting yourself more by going over it. Choose to think about the people who bring joy to your life, and the life experiences that leave you feeling proud.
7. Remember that the meaning of “forgiveness” is “untie”… And you want to be free from that person and the pain. So, decide to untie yourself, and move on with your life.
I love how the first thing you mentioned is my gaming. Haha. Thank you though; this is truly thoughtful. Whoever you are, you seem to know me fairly well. I agree that I can be “too kind” at times, and it’s something I could work on. However, I really appreciate your opinion because you sound like you understand me well. Thank you for believing so strongly in my abilities, and thank you for believing that I am a good friend. Your comments could not have come at a better time for me either: I really needed this right now in light of recent events. I would love to know who you are, but then again I understand the positive non-biased influence being anonymous can have. This was very thoughtful of you, though. Thank you very much, and I hope to talk to you again soon.
Thank you, anon. It’s nice to know someone finds me interesting. If you really want to have some in depth conversations with me, feel free to message me anytime about anything.
I don’t want to be
your entire world, no.
I would be happy
just to be your morning coffee,
your hanging car keys,
but if lost throws off
your entire day.
Sometimes there’s no sense
in trying to resew an open tear in your chest
because the fabric of our lives
has unraveled so far
that every string that stitched us together
turned into knots
and every twist that tied our tongues
into “I miss you’s” and “I love you’s”
untangled into nothing but
Last SNSD post for the night I swear.